Local COVID-19 Resources-5/15/2020
There are many resources to help during this time. Here are a few local ones. Sign up for updates where possible to keep up with the latest info.
- New: Tips for Staying Safe During COVID-19: Grocery Shopping and Take-out Food from Cambridge Public Health Department: bit.ly/361QILq
- New: The Pandemic – Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Program is additional money for families to buy food while schools are closed due to COVID-19. Cambridge Public School families with children who qualify for free/reduced price school meals are eligible. Watch your mail for a P-EBT card or for funds to be added to your current EBT card. Info: bit.ly/362fGKM
- Latest news from the City: www.cambridgema.gov/covid19. You can sign up to get regular updates.
- The City is providing information in multiple languages related to important COVID-19 content. A multilingual help resource is now available in Amharic, Arabic, Bangla, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese. https://www.cambridgema.gov/covid19/multilingualhelp.
- Cambridge Health Alliance launches COVID-19 testing in Cambridge. Call 617-665-2928 to make an appointment. Details: bit.ly/2WBhNRC
- Updated 5/7: Food resources compiled by Cambridge in Motion: Link
- Translated flyers in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Mandarin & Arabic. http://bit.ly/3bjPg8x
- Find It Cambridge developed a curated list of supports for disabled people. It includes delivery services, parent groups, learning tools, health services, and more! https://www.finditcambridge.org/Disabilities
- Face coverings must be worn in public places, businesses and common areas of residential buildings. Details including where to get masks or how to make them: https://bit.ly/35k6EIP
- Pandemic Unemployment Insurance for people who can’t work because of a COVID-19 reason but are not eligible for regular unemployment: https://bit.ly/3aDQv1I
- CEOC (Cambridge Economic Opportunity Committee) is providing support to people around filing for unemployment and health insurance, in Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Amharic, Spanish & English: www.ceoccambridge.org or 617-868-2900.
- Cambridge Community Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Fund: Link
- List of businesses that are open or closed: https://bit.ly/2UDu3RM
- List of nonprofits that are open: https://bit.ly/3cG2bSY
- Cambridge Public Schools: